1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest! Add hl2rp.lemonpunch.net and spacebuild.lemonpunch.net:27025 to your favorite Garry's Mod servers.

Where do you start as a civilian?

Discussion in 'Half Life 2 Roleplay' started by Snapshot, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Snapshot

Snapshot Lemon

So, I've been playing on the server a while, mostly working on getting my bearings and figuring out where everything is on the map. Most of this involved me just walking in circles around the map and examining every door to figure out what everything is, and now that I have my bearings I think I'm good to play.

The question is, what sort of paths can I choose to take for a character, and how do I go about doing these things?

Of course, there is the path of going around and lolly-gagging, talking to other civilians and being oppressed, but what sort of other options do I have?

Thanks for taking the time to answer if you do reply.
    • Lemonicious Lemonicious x 2
  2. audendante

audendante Settled Lemon

You can become a loyalist by getting your hands on a request device and report crimes and contraband caches, or go the rebellious route and try to seek refuge in slum-areas in opposing favor of the Combine's authoritarian regime. However, you can always become a work-bearer for the UU by operating as a workforce member or by joining the Industrial sect of the Alliance of Civil Employees. Not only that, but the ACE has a couple more things to offer - medical divisions, among Terminal-news divisions.

Civil Protection is a faction good for the more authoritative side of your roleplay (@RapidJuice, @Sned Help, and I are head cops) as well as more passive aspects on the side. If you're a 'canonfreak' like many of us are labelled, Civil Protection on LP is a good way to further your understanding of the functionaries you encounter in HL2.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Snapshot

Snapshot Lemon

So, for example, if I wanted to become a loyalist, would I ask a CP for a request device? I don't know where I can get one.

And ACE does applications, right?
  4. audendante

audendante Settled Lemon

You'd have to enquire with ACE members and locally run loyal shops if you're looking to invest in a request device.

Yes, ACE takes forum and IC applications - depending on what you're planning on going into.
  5. Snapshot

Snapshot Lemon

Alright. Thank you very much, audendante!
  6. audendante

audendante Settled Lemon

My pleasure.
  7. docdo1

docdo1 FORP Moderator. CWU Head and HL2 RP Administrator

yes.
    but they closed atm. probably open soon after map change.
  8. AlexD

AlexD Settled Lemon HL2 RP Administrator

Also you could try to work in warehouse 3 when you hear the announcement (attention worker class citizens, proceed to warehouse 3 immediately or something like that) in order to earn more tokens, Loyalty Points if there is a Unit nearby and even a request device from the ACE there when the shift is over.
  9. Snapshot

Snapshot Lemon

Hmm, didn't know about the warehouse 3 thing. Thanks!
  10. Chromesthesia

Chromesthesia Lemonified

Where do you start as a civilian?

In the Trainstation
    HUEHUEHUE
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Amsel

Amsel Lemonified

funny.halznah

And as for the warehouse 3(13) thing, getting a spot is insane! All the minges cutting in line and running around standing right in front of a CP, just insane! and once it was finally my turn they said they were full even though the guy in front of me we all saw cut in line!
  12. DovahDoge

DovahDoge Best Doge Gold Member

Snapshot.. your ProfilePicture is adoreable. There is just one small thing..
    Rapidjuice..
  13. Lester

Lester Spacebuild Administrator Spacebuild Staff

What is about him?
    SRS UNIT REMOVAL?
    I like RapidJuices too

- Also, you spawn in trainstation, be aware from stupid Cps that are random searching in there :)
  14. DovahDoge

Rapidjuice will rip Snapshot apart when he gets the chance.
  15. Amsel

Amsel Lemonified

Okay wtf is "Rapidjuice" and why does it want to hurt the little brony?
  16. Lester

Lester Spacebuild Administrator Spacebuild Staff

OH GOD! HE INSULTED THE CP GOD!
    he..is...your master! @RapidJuice
  17. Amsel

Amsel Lemonified

My only master is the true and only god, The god of Abraham Issac and Jacob.

So i guess while i'm insulting him I'll give him some parting words. :byewhore:
  18. DovahDoge

I have no master... And though I come to the conclusion.. I am not stuck with him on these forums...
    He's stuck with us.
  19. Amsel

Amsel Lemonified

Viva la Robolution!
  20. DovahDoge

FUCK YEAAAAAAH