Anyone from Scotland?

Toasty

Roleplay Psychologist
Nebulae
Hi!

I am currently writing a term paper for one of my master courses on the Scottish English variety.
I would be interested in interviewing a few individuals in regards to code-switching. Essentially if you casually switch between Standard Scottish English and your local dialect depending on the context. Where you have learned your variety. Contexts you would use your own variety. This is just a sample interview to consider whether or not it is worth looking into more, and if it is comparable to acquisition of varieties in different dialects in Norway. The only 'personal' info I need is age, what region in Scotland, and whether you are a part of a large urban area.

Send me a PM on the forums if you are interested, or drop a comment in the thread and I will contact you.

8a5e40332a.png

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i am not scottish but i support scotland and think it should be independent but thats just my opinion

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
all i know about scotland is that they like to drink, and fight each other in subways but not always in that order

oh and biffy clyro and simple minds is there biggest exports

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Well am from the borders so ma accents scuffed tae fuck but I can give it a go for ye toasty