Ahsoka

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
As a Rebels fan I loved the first two episodes. Having the epilogue of rebels remade in live action was a great way to finally tie that scene back in.

With the return of the opening crawl at the first episode its pretty clear this is the beginning of the new filoni film Era that'll culminate in Dave Filoni's film in like 2025/26. I expect the show will end on a pretty heavy note to establish him as a credible threat to the casual audience.

I am curious what the show is like for someone who hasn't seen Rebels however. Does the show set up and explain the characters well?
I've seen Rebels, a bit. I watched it when I was a kid, so to see some of the characters come back is a cool thing. I didn't see it till the end, of course, but I saw some of the more beginning episodes, with gaps from like S1 to whatever ending it had, and it's kind of done a good job at setting up the characters, sabine especially as one who does not give a fuck edgelord phenomenom/cliche to the whole i want ezra back thing (the jedi stuff didn't make sense to me but whatever)

Reactions: List

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Ahsoka Episode 4 was probably some of the best Star Wars ever gotten in literal years. Holy hell.

Nebulae
story & dialogue feel barren at times, outright forced at others

ahsoka has a lot going for her character wise but they give her such dull deliveries all the time. then again that's been a thing since mando

i wish the show did a better job explaining to non-rebels watchers the significance of the cameos & why should i give a single fuck about ezra in any way on god he gets at least three mentions every episode and there is no exposition to it whatsoever beyond "he's friend he matters"

i like the lightsaber fights that's always cool. baylam is chudded and i like his dynamic with shin. same with the drama between ahsoka and sabine whenever the writers stop kissing sabine's ass. and as someone who really enjoyed jedi fallen order back on release i can't help but get a tingle whenever the nightsisters are mentioned, glad to see them get more cameos

i'll probably keep watching because waiting to see whether the next star wars media becomes the best TV piece to grace the year or an absolute trainwreck is a guilty pleasure of mine (and it's what got me hooked on andor last year so that's a huge plus)

edit: disclaimer that i havent watched episode 5 yet so will probably update based on that

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
this episode was amazing I'm so happy

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae

ahsoka has a lot going for her character wise but they give her such dull deliveries all the time. then again that's been a thing since mando

i wish the show did a better job explaining to non-rebels watchers the significance of the cameos & why should i give a single fuck about ezra in any way on god he gets at least three mentions every episode and there is no exposition to it whatsoever beyond "he's friend he matters"

i like the lightsaber fights that's always cool. baylam is chudded and i like his dynamic with shin. same with the drama between ahsoka and sabine whenever the writers stop kissing sabine's ass. and as someone who really enjoyed jedi fallen order back on release i can't help but get a tingle whenever the nightsisters are mentioned, glad to see them get more cameos

i'll probably keep watching because waiting to see whether the next star wars media becomes the best TV piece to grace the year or an absolute trainwreck is a guilty pleasure of mine (and it's what got me hooked on andor last year so that's a huge plus)

edit: disclaimer that i havent watched episode 5 yet so will probably update based on that
honestly ep 5 i just praise on visuals and audio and just choreography alone. that's literally what cemented is as the best episode for me (not even counting story because i am not a spoilerer of the funni). good god watch that episode if you want an experience (watch 4 and 5 back to back trust me)

Toast Lord

Electron
Nebulae
"Live. Or Die.
"No."
"Incorrect."
5h38i3.png

Jeffy

Electron
Premium Member
Nebulae

Star Wars in the way it’s currently being presented isn’t catering to bring in new people to like the franchise just from what the latest show being released is and that’s fine, they’re fixing the fuck up of the sequel trilogy and are doing it pretty damn well, their focus is to keep the current fanbase enticed into making sense of why palpootin came back from the arsehole of the empire before they look at new aspects of star wars which are lesser covered or haven’t been covered i.e. the High Republic, Old Republic, etc.

Nebulae
Star Wars in the way it’s currently being presented isn’t catering to bring in new people to like the franchise just from what the latest show being released is and that’s fine, they’re fixing the fuck up of the sequel trilogy and are doing it pretty damn well, their focus is to keep the current fanbase enticed into making sense of why palpootin came back from the arsehole of the empire before they look at new aspects of star wars which are lesser covered or haven’t been covered i.e. the High Republic, Old Republic, etc.

don't get me wrong, i'm not an outsider either, and i understand that approach, i just wish there was at least a basic attempt to get everyone else 'up to speed' and make this more accessible because rebels is probably the only star wars that i havent properly consumed ( & given it and clone wars are the only big animated series in a sea of live action, i doubt i'm alone in that regard)

anyway

cool episode

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
one thing about episode 5 i really really enjoyed was the lightsaber fight and how anakin kind of made peace with the fact he was vader, seemingly trying to get ahsoka to accept and make peace with the legacy that he created so that she could change it. the lightsaber fighting kind of brought out that anakin accepted it, because you can see both the form he had while under the anakin personality and the one that he had under the vader personality (using and transferring the energy from his blow to his opponent through his saber and the force, something which was seemingly adopted to be able to play around the fact he was clunky and in a suit of shit with his life support apparatus on his chest). Hayden moved beautifully during all fighting sequences and honestly it made the episode for me. even if people shit on the anakin from prequels this one actually felt like the one we saw from clone wars and i'm super happy about the cameo

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I can't believe we didn't just get Death troopers but we also got Deathtrooper Death Troopers.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
this show was ass
character direction made no sense. all they did was blast you in the face with as many references as possible to get around the garbage storytelling

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
this show was ass
character direction made no sense. all they did was blast you in the face with as many references as possible to get around the garbage storytelling
i enjoyed it