Baldur's Gate III

Nebulae
I think I've "Met" a few party members cause when they uhm... "laid down" their inventory had camping supplies and alchemy bags...

Karlach is pretty early in the game do so maybe you just missed her, not sure if she re-appears
that's the next playthrough's romance option then, currently it's all about this girl

baldurs-gate-3-companion-guide-shadowheart-romance-1.jpg

Reactions: List

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
who else /kill everyone and maintain chastity/
i refuse to go near these disgusting elves and i refuse to fall for the sex ploy to these insolent whelps that spread their legs the moment i say more than 'hello'

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
who else /kill everyone and maintain chastity/
i refuse to go near these disgusting elves and i refuse to fall for the sex ploy to these insolent whelps that spread their legs the moment i say more than 'hello'
Astarion tried to fuck me not once, but twice. MY dude wanted a different kind of Bad Dragon

Surprisingly the "villain/evil" paths have a lot more romance options than you'd expect

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So I finished my first playthrough so going to give my non-spoiler/very early game review.

First of all Dark Urge Origin is fucking AMAZING it connects the story in such a way that it seems like it was MADE for it plus has the added bonus of a full personalization. Even if you don't indulge there is an amazing story that it tells and I will be telling my experience through this origin (no spoilers here yet)

As I started the game as a sorcerer I thought they were not gonna be that good, BOY WAS I WRONG, by the late game I was casting spells after spells creating massive wall of fire and destroying basically hordes of enemies with my magicks. And by midgame your powers are there but more limited due to your sorcery points and spell slots, but still quite devastating.

Even the early game felt slick and fun with creativity being encouraged from early to late game, some boss or encounters could be defeated with the environment itself or with creative design. While some encounters could be entirely avoided by talking your way through it or skulking about.

Oh and of course the music is absolutely phenomenal, I expected nothing less from the same composer that did Divinity Original Sin 2.

But then you have exploration... A joy! Exploration and the world feels so alive and by the time you reach Baldurs Gate, you will have plenty of tools of traversal to immerse yourself in the amazing city. If you can think it you can probably do it. Thanks to the amazing tools at hand like throwing an object, a weapon, your enemies, or even your friends!

For example this one time I spotted a treasure chest very far on some platform, I couldn't send my rogue to lockpick it since it was way too far to jump, but my fighter could simply jump a few times and then they picked up the treasure chest and threw it at the rogue where he could then lockpick it! But think of this example as just one of many things you could have done. Perhaps use mage hand to push the chest way, use telepathy to bring it closer. THROW your rogue to the chest. Many many maaanyyy ways to do any encounter.

And of course treasure is all over the place so your sense of exploration is always rewarded.

There is so much more I could talk about but overall BG3 has proven to have been a game made with passion and love, and as I stared at the credits at the end and saw the special thanks session, I could feel that passion of the people that worked at it. A true masterpiece for the ages.

If you are still with me, or skipped the top part, here's the Spoiler part where we talk about the Dark Urge and the ending.

In Bhaal's Name.
image.png

A Truly great Finale for the dark urge, where you stab the emperor in the back at the last second, take control of the netherbrain AND thrall your companions who fought bravely to break their chains only to be enslaved again this time by a greater evil. All of it,for your actual Father, Bhall - The God of Murder.

Overall the Journey as the dark urge was even greater, piecing together what you were and then discovering your powers if you choose to accept them. The Butler being basically Bhall messanger and how YOU caused the entire game plot to start before being betrayed by your sister. It was you who suggested the plan and it was you who put the crown on the Elder brain.

In the end, the ending it's just your plan coming to fruition and basically the villain winning and I really appreciate the option as it was great.

And of course embracing your dark powers does give you access to an amazing transformation... THE SLAYER

image.png

image.png

This form is great as it basically acts as a druid transformation meaning on your mage you have a close range fighter with over 100 hp and if it dies you go back to your normal form with all your remaining hp, thus becoming a lot more survivable, which you will need in the fight against your sister since that is a 1v1 and she HITS like a truck.

overall this path connected the whole story in such a way that you'd think the game was made just for it, but there are a lot of other stories without it but I honestly believe that this is one of the best stories you can choose from at first. And if you do choose to resist it, it creates a very fun dynamic and morality between your character.

Some scenes were absolutely brutal and many children were slaughtered, about 7 thousand vampires souls were killed and a couple of genocides here and there. It is truly the /Chaotic Evil/ option and it was a very fun experience. Although now I'm headed to make a good character cause I almost started to feel bad at the end.

image.png

also a quick funny moment where I had an impossible check (99) and I rolled a nat 20

image.png

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
7 hours in and crawling around the underdark

Anyone else shadow wizard money gang? (Love casting spells)

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
After a 55~ hour playthrough, finally finished my first run of it.

Got to say, really enjoyed the story. Felt like a proper D&D thing to me. There were bugs here and there no doubt, quite a lot actually which I'm hoping get fixed over the coming months, but they didn't take away from the experience too much (just some of the immersion with sliding characters and awkward pausing galore)

The ending options (at least the ones I got, on a Custom Character playthrough) were definitely interesting. Your classic "good" ending, the "evil" ending, and the "really evil" ending. A nice conclusion to the story, when it's all said and done.

Next playthrough, now that I know what I'm doing and get the world better, is going to be the Dark Urge; I have high hopes for it.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
After a 55~ hour playthrough, finally finished my first run of it.

Got to say, really enjoyed the story. Felt like a proper D&D thing to me. There were bugs here and there no doubt, quite a lot actually which I'm hoping get fixed over the coming months, but they didn't take away from the experience too much (just some of the immersion with sliding characters and awkward pausing galore)

The ending options (at least the ones I got, on a Custom Character playthrough) were definitely interesting. Your classic "good" ending, the "evil" ending, and the "really evil" ending. A nice conclusion to the story, when it's all said and done.

Next playthrough, now that I know what I'm doing and get the world better, is going to be the Dark Urge; I have high hopes for it.
Doing Dark Urge right now and Its amazing - an extremely well written and designed character that, at times, feels like a fucking Its always sunny episode

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I did find this neat Divinity Original Sin 2 Easter egg and I love it, small but neat. There's probably a bunch more easter eggs around the world

image.png

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I did find this neat Divinity Original Sin 2 Easter egg and I love it, small but neat. There's probably a bunch more easter eggs around the world

image.png
where? i collect paintings i want this
though if its past the goblin outpost dont tell me ive just cleared it, taking my time and avoiding spoilers

on topic, god this game is fucking good though like holy fuck, easily goty and such a massive improvement from the first early access release
only thing i even can nitpick is that some of my favourite subclasses to play in actual 5e DnD arent in but i trust given a few months modders will have that covered

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
where? i collect paintings i want this
though if its past the goblin outpost dont tell me ive just cleared it, taking my time and avoiding spoilers

on topic, god this game is fucking good though like holy fuck, easily goty and such a massive improvement from the first early access release
only thing i even can nitpick is that some of my favourite subclasses to play in actual 5e DnD arent in but i trust given a few months modders will have that covered
Burning mansion to the north of the first. Chapter, the building to the right of it, second floor

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
does anyone else find lae'zel insufferable? literally haven't had her in my party since she got added to my camp and I'm halfway through act 3 lol

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
does anyone else find lae'zel insufferable? literally haven't had her in my party since she got added to my camp and I'm halfway through act 3 lol
yes

but she's also my token fighter so i keep her in my party regardless

also apparently hot take but astarion is the one i cant stand, edgy manchild

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
yes

but she's also my token fighter so i keep her in my party regardless

also apparently hot take but astarion is the one i cant stand, edgy manchild
astarion is funny as fuck lmao, he says some really really entertaining things

i run shadowheart, gale and astarion so I have healing, aoe spells and lockpicking covered

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
My run was Shadowheart and Astarion; didn't like Lae'zel cos I know she'd be very against
going the full tadpole route and going with the mind flayers
and Gale a mofucker who
eats magic items; didn't know it only happens a few times but still they're mine the greedy bastard

Astarion's definitely a funny character, though I never got on better than acquaintance with him cos I was more about the Shadowheart route of things.

Also, big tip I saw for the ending of The Pale Elf
When facing Cazador, don't bother listening to him and take advantage of getting a sneak attack on him with Astarion before the battle. Not only do you get to keep Astarion for the fight instead of him joining his siblings, but you can do massive damage on Cazador really early on.