BARBENHEIMER

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I have been listening to this for the past week on near repeat, alongside Man Enough and I'm Just Ken. The soundtrack for Barbie is legendary, and I'm honestly on the verge of going to see the movie for a second time.

As for oppenheimer, idk about y'all saying the pacing was perfect. I genuinely believe it would've been better as a TV show spread across a single season. There were so many points of view, the timeskips/framing, the fact that the black and white scenes are actually RDJ's character's POV (I didn't even realise this until my friend who I went to see it with pointed it out to me because I thought it was just for the time period for some reason). I think Oppenheimer was a good movie, but it would've been an amazing TV show.

final opinion: barbie 9/10, oppenheimer 7/10

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i watched oppenheimer today

ive had moments where ive cried at a movie or something but outside of that they just haven't done much for me emotionally wise, oppenheimer really changed that for me, maybe it was just me being a bit of a nerd/sucker for science and stuff

maybe it was seeing it in theatres but it really fucking hit me like a ton of bricks, the constant anxiety especially was really well done and accurate imo (ive read that people described uncut gems as sort of having that but i didnt really feel it). during the trinity test scene my blood pressure skyrocketed so high i honestly thought i was gonna have a heart attack since it was thumping so hard, the speech afterwards held in the gymnasium was terrifying. i really suck at putting what i think into words but it really was something special

the people cheering and crying, i honestly couldnt tell if its cheers of happiness or fear or maybe both, the person vomiting, etc

i got shivers a few times during the movie but the final scene sealed the deal for me, i didnt want to get up from my seat once the title came up and me and my friends were silent for like a good few minutes after we left the theater

i found it confusing at a few points since i suffer from really bad faceblindness and i suck with names, didnt really help that i missed the first few minutes since we were getting snacks and shit but it all fell into place for me in the end

back to the trinity test that scene was so fucking good holy shit, the build up to it and everything, the silence after the bomb detonated before shaking the entire theater like 30 seconds later i think (which felt like 10 entire minutes to me)

went with two friends, one wasnt that interested in it which is understandable its a 3 hour drama thats really dialogue focused but the other one thankfully loved it as much as i did

thats all, just a really fucking great movie, would love to watch it again

Reactions: List