6eaabb67033bb076a0e8aba431f39b0e.jpg
aint no one gonna play squadrons, shite game

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
epic games is literally only good for one thing

this thread
yeah but even then I've refused literally every other one, hell I'd rather pirate it than use them tbh

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
yeah but even then I've refused literally every other one, hell I'd rather pirate it than use them tbh
I don't get this stigma around Epic Games and EGS
What did they do?

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't get this stigma around Epic Games and EGS
What did they do?
I honestly view fortnite as if it was the concept of capitalism incarnate and think it's extremely unhealthy and problematic for the games industry, not to mention the lives of the children that've been lured into playing it and the impact it's had in our culture. For that reason, I genuinely do not want to support epic games or anything to do with them where I can. I think they're dangerous and that fortnite itself is dangerous.

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I honestly view fortnite as if it was the concept of capitalism incarnate and think it's extremely unhealthy and problematic for the games industry, not to mention the lives of the children that've been lured into playing it and the impact it's had in our culture. For that reason, I genuinely do not want to support epic games or anything to do with them where I can. I think they're dangerous and that fortnite itself is dangerous.
They donate a lot of the Fortnite profits, though

Recently they’ve raised and donated over 50 million dollars to Ukraine

I don’t see how children are “lured” into playing Fortnite. It’s a popular game, that easily captivates their interest, they’re children after all, easy to satisfy.

If not all the money Fortnite made Epic wouldn’t be giving away so many games to so many people.

Fortnite is popular. Popular things spread, and burrow themselves in the collective unconscious.

Sounds like a Fortnite bad wholesome Keanu chungus 100 Reddit post

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae

Recently they’ve raised and donated over 50 million dollars to Ukraine

I don’t see how children are “lured” into playing Fortnite. It’s a popular game, that easily captivates their interest, they’re children after all, easy to satisfy.

If not all the money Fortnite made Epic wouldn’t be giving away so many games to so many people.

Fortnite is popular. Popular things spread, and burrow themselves in the collective unconscious.

Sounds like a Fortnite bad wholesome Keanu chungus 100 Reddit post
and idk about u but I'd rather have kids toil away in fortnite rather than any other game I play
so
win win ig

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Corporations donating to charities lost any meaning to me when I found out they can use it to pay less taxes.

don’t see how children are “lured” into playing Fortnite. It’s a popular game, that easily captivates their interest, they’re children after all, easy to satisfy.

A game featuring a skin for almost every single mainstream media character tends to lure people, it almost did it to me, being honest, despite the fact it's literally just shilling IP's.

That's also absolutely not the reason why.

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
That's also absolutely not the reason why.
It is, because Epic wouldn’t have so much money if not for Fortnite.
Corporations donating to charities lost any meaning to me when I found out they can use it to pay less taxes.
So you’d rather have companies pay higher taxes than help those in need? I see.

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
tbf a lot of charities give fuck all to people in need, they're just tax havens
Perhaps, but I know for a fact Epic keeps its word, they have no reason not to, especially if the CEO is spearheading its charity efforts

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It is, because Epic wouldn’t have so much money if not for Fortnite.
I'm not debating that, I'm saying that's not the reason why they're giving out free games and it's been discussed countless times why they are.

I'd rather they do both, especially as shit like "want to round up to the nearest £10 on your bill for charity?" actually counts for their taxes too, even though the money isn't intended for them anyway.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
bro youre not getting free games because you dont like that kids play fortnite thats nuts
cant imagine being upset because middle schoolers are hitting fortnite dances between classes

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

Not gonna give you the big talk here but by paying their appropriate taxes they help people in need way more than dumping some tiny amount of money (check how much Epic makes) every once in a while.

Corporations do not care about you, do not defend them. Dodging taxes through donations is not "charity" or "helping those in need" it's a way for you to buy into them being nice and helping while paying way less than they should.