Good Animes to watch

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
I think the reason why no one has mentioned it yet is because like Kimi no Na Wa, it has only surfaced out of Japan recently and the high "success" of Kimi no Na Wa has obfuscated the appeal of this movie. The hype and acclaim of Kimi no Na Wa has settled down a bit and so now the anime populous are latching onto another "successful" movie. In the past several weeks Koe no Katachi has been building the same steam as KnNW, already rated highly.

To be honest, I have nothing to really say about this anime. Kyoani knows their niche and their stuff will continue to be popular, if not, over hyped.
Unlike Your name this one has its BD released.

As for the movie, it's far from over hyped. In fact people tend to bash it because of the numerous plot holes and details omitted from the manga.

To be fair, you can't make a movie within a specified length without cutting out significant source material, hence the holes in the plot. It's definitely enjoyable nonetheless.

Reactions: List

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
Unlike Your name this one has its BD released.

As for the movie, it's far from over hyped. In fact people tend to bash it because of the numerous plot holes and details omitted from the manga.

To be fair, you can't make a movie within a specified length without cutting out significant source material, hence the holes in the plot. It's definitely enjoyable nonetheless.

Bash it? The reception so far has been overwhelmingly positive (not as much as Kimi no Na Wa, but not everything can be in the spotlight to that degree). Criticism is not "bashing" they are legitimate flaws regardless of whether or not it is a movie. I never said that it was not enjoyable, nor did I say that it was bad. The traction that it is getting now is largely due to riding on Kimi no Na Wa's success and an the Kyoani's recipe to make quality anime - movie or series a like.

WheatSins

Neutrino
Nebulae
Aldnoah starts pretty strong with a good premise, albeit predictable and generic. The visuals are on point, the soundtrack is killer (it better be seeing who directed the musical scores), and it has a decent cast...

Buuut then it has Inaho, an emotionally lifeless shell of a character that even the eggs have more personality. His only quality for the show is to be the end-all-be-all of dues ex machina. He serves no other purpose than to be universal plot armor for all of the "good guys". Why is that self-entitled-emotionally-devoid-waste-of-a-character-slot like that? No idea. They never explain it logically, but expects us to suspend disblief that he has the answers to all of the vastly technologically superior alien cousins? Give me a break.

And yet, those asspulls gives us some hype moments and awesome mecha.

But instead of developing and focusing on really interesting characters like Mr. PTSD-Kun or Klein (fuck that guy) we are shown this largely colorless cast of side characters that are all but useless. Partivualrly the military who takes orders from this Inaho despite him being a novice pilot in comparable rust-coffins.

The tone is set perfectly.

Any reason why anyone does anything in this show?

Klein: Hi, inaho, I wanna help you shoot down my kinsmen

Inaho: Ktnx, bye. /me shoots you down for no reason.

Who thought that was a good idea? Not a competent military that would at least capture klein and use him for inofrmatoon that he would willingly give to protect Princess Aslyssmssmsms.

We get good animation.

But then they waste their budget on CGI modling of stationary mecha in the bays. Doning nothing. Why? Couldnt you use that money to focus on sommething other than useless cgi? Of course not. That would be good.

The enemies we interesting.

Yeah, the politics was great. Count Shazam!(tm) was actually one of my favorite characters becuase he was actually intelligence, proper, and yet compassionate. And then he was written off.

But those ending credits! That winter storm with the sound of nothing but sleet was so haunting and beautiful for a tragic end!

But how it ended was fucking retarded and it did not really matrer because of.. season 2.

But at least it isnt No Game No Life.

Yeah, that is true.

All in all, was Aldnoah a good show? No. No it was not. It was hype, it did somethings well, but it constantly fell flat by having significantly larger flaws in the first several episodes tham any reasons to actually redeem it. It directed all of its focus on the wrong aspects when they have the grace of Urobutcher. All they had to do is not fuck it up, to stay consistant which was literally WRITTEN for them. But no. They decided to fuck it up.
you are correct it was all hype.
[doublepost=1496272888][/doublepost]btw guys I recommend watching hunter x hunter

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
dragon ball/z/gt
yu yu hakusho
rurouni kenshin
berserk
hunter x hunter
katekyo hitman reborn
dont recommend: db super, inuyasha
db super is fucking retarded and inuyasha is boring

WheatSins

Neutrino
Nebulae
dragon ball/z/gt
yu yu hakusho
rurouni kenshin
berserk
hunter x hunter
katekyo hitman reborn
dont recommend: db super, inuyasha
db super is fucking retarded and inuyasha is boring
My friend told me that inuyasha is full of fillers.

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
Bash it? The reception so far has been overwhelmingly positive (not as much as Kimi no Na Wa, but not everything can be in the spotlight to that degree). Criticism is not "bashing" they are legitimate flaws regardless of whether or not it is a movie. I never said that it was not enjoyable, nor did I say that it was bad. The traction that it is getting now is largely due to riding on Kimi no Na Wa's success and an the Kyoani's recipe to make quality anime - movie or series a like.
Oh, well you're clearly not a regular user of the /a/ board as I was referring to that mainly.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
fuck this entire thread

just watch hunter x hunter

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
I have no idea what they like, what they have seen. What they are into and such. As each to their own opinion on certain shows. But regardless, have my list.

If it's classed as an OVA it's most likely a hentai

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/STUCK_IN_A_CAKE
40960a5303c99d45e7b6df989d8146e5.png

fd15cb88f342071113efb130337d47e2.png

where have you been all this time

also, no non non biyori? smh

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
Tokyo Ghoul is from the few animes that I haven't shit talked- yet...

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
also, no non non biyori? smh

Non Non Biyori is one of the best SoL/Comedies. I personally did not really like it and never finished watching it, but I am an outlier that does not reflect anything about the quality of this show. If you like SoL and comedy, watch Non non Biyori.

Reactions: List