Nebulae
>when you have to pay money for DayZ
tumblr_inline_ouj4bawM5K1uglvyh_500.jpg

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
ah yes, DayZ.
The game where my 10 hour surviving character in full gear died because he got out of a truck moving at 1mph

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
ah yes, DayZ.
The game where my 10 hour surviving character in full gear died because he got out of a truck moving at 1mph
Not so bad my full mili gear guy died and 3 of my other friends because the trap system is retarded. I made a tripwire trap and placed the nade in, then i took it out and placed it into my inv but when you take a nade out from a tripwire trap it gets unpinned so i blew up with 3 of my friends.

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
OT of Arma II DayZ should I download it to play it? Are the servers still active? i bought it like 3 years ago but only now I can play it smh

I'm sure there is.
I come back to the game every now and then and after a couple of years since its prime, I've still seen 60+ servers.
They're typically in modded DayZ servers like Epoch, Overpoch, and origins, but I'm sure you can find a vanilla DayZ server. Its just semi-hard to get the server filter working to find pure DayZ Vanilla servers. Best path is to google for them as opposed to using the server browser.
My best friend of this roleplaying community catering for high tier roleplayers, @Mendel and I used to play lots well past DayZ's prime, so don't be worried about not finding servers.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
id pay maybe five dollars for it, but even then id probably just buy another five dollar game

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
i considered buying it just now seeing it was reduced but it genuinely isn't worth it because when i asked my mate he said they updated the game like twice from launch and now they've just left it to gain cash of gullible fans from the arma mod

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Day-Z standalone is a pile of shit.

It started off great but they've barely updated it, are miles behind the mod in almost every way and they spent so long doing fuck-all with it they missed the hype and potential it'd have had a few years ago if they'd gotten it all fixed on time.

It wouldn't surprise me if they really have just basically abandoned it at this point and use it to just milk money.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
With the $32 you spent on buying DayZ, you could have bought Arma II with the DayZ mod and still have $29 to spare. Smh

Then you could buy an amazing game like Cuphead or Batman Arkham City

or arma 3

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
game's fun but you need a ton of time, dedication, a decent server and a couple of friends to make it worthwhile

dying playerbase is a sad sight, but it's the fault of the devs to take so incredibly long on features

I'm still a fan of the game itself, though, and just kinda wanna hope the long-promised beta that's supposed to come with the next update arrives and revives the servers, even if for a bit.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm still a fan of the game itself, though, and just kinda wanna hope the long-promised beta that's supposed to come with the next update arrives and revives the servers, even if for a bit.
imo it's too little to late at this point

Other games have taken the spotlight dayz once occupied and the 'survival' type games have become saturated, Battle Royale are the new fad it seems.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
imo it's too little to late at this point

Other games have taken the spotlight dayz once occupied and the 'survival' type games have become saturated, Battle Royale are the new fad it seems.
the hype of hardcore zombie survival is over, yes, it being late is inarguable right now because it's a fact

but I just kinda hope they still work on the beta, even if very slowly, because in the end I like the game and I spent a lot of memorable time on it

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

'next year, is the year of dayz'