New PC incoming (FINLAY WILL RETURN)

Tetra

Electron
Nebulae
In the spolier are my specs which I have chosen for my PC
(Its like that because I wrote it in a document but cant be arsed to COpy paste it)
21Cn6xtjT_aBgQQdgn5AsQ.png
So prepare yourself lads. FInlay will return

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It's an example of the increasingly demanding games reaching market

if you don't have 16 GB minimum of RAM you'll have a bad time

I've been using the same 8 gig stick for the past 6 years for that ultimate, gritty, lo-fi video gaming X-perience. I like the way how a random stutter can come out of nowhere at any time and get me killed. It really adds another dimension to the difficulty of games.

Reactions: List

Tember

Neutrino
Nebulae
I upgraded to 16gb of RAM a while ago, definitely the right choice. But yeah 16gb is definitely becoming the standard.

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Don't buy AMD. They are cheaper for a reason, and are generally not worth buying.

Intel Quad core will last for a long time. Dont bother buying anything bigger, the money you save from it can be put elsewhere. Upgrade to 16 gigs (2x8gig cards for future proof, or 4x4gig cards for optimal NOW performance, with lack of slots for upgrade)

Don't bother with a 3gb 1060, upgrade to a 6gb 1070 for better future proofing. Hell, save up some more money for a 1080 and you can SLI it in the future to make them last even longer

21ml

Gillette, the best a man can get
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Don't buy AMD. They are cheaper for a reason, and are generally not worth buying.

Intel Quad core will last for a long time. Dont bother buying anything bigger, the money you save from it can be put elsewhere. Upgrade to 16 gigs (2x8gig cards for future proof, or 4x4gig cards for optimal NOW performance, with lack of slots for upgrade)

Don't bother with a 3gb 1060, upgrade to a 6gb 1070 for better future proofing. Hell, save up some more money for a 1080 and you can SLI it in the future to make them last even longer
Can confirm

My desktop has an i5 4670k and it is a beast of a CPU.

I have a GTX 960 and my bottleneck has always been the GPU, have yet to push this CPU to full performance.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae

don't listen to this guy on CPU advice
it may of been good advice 3 years ago but not now lol
ryzen has a solid upgrade path and solid performance, although not as good gaming perf as Intel (not by much) for alot cheaper

although, if you have the money RN, go for a coffeelake i5 (8400 or 8600k) as it is really good price for performance - otherwise stick with that 1600x because it's a solid choice for the future

I'd also say get the 6gb 1060, only get the 1070 if you want a more futureproof experience (don't plan on Pascal sli though because it's unreliable and not worth the performance for the amount of money you spend we, always go single card if you can

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae
In the spolier are my specs which I have chosen for my PC
(Its like that because I wrote it in a document but cant be arsed to COpy paste it)
21Cn6xtjT_aBgQQdgn5AsQ.png
So prepare yourself lads. FInlay will return

So...... can you be my erp buddy?