Nebulae
bLaCkQuIiL iS sTuPid AnD nO oNe CaN sToP mE
PoNQrVB.png

Reactions: List

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae

a community saturated with south african weebsters

I'd just started playing Toto - Africa from my playlist of 557 songs when I came across this post lol. It's funny how you get little coincidences like that. I'll have moments like that for about 7 days in a row, then nothing for about 2 months, then another string of coincidences. For some reason I was even thinking of that meme where you say that it's a future meme that can't be understood yet before I came across your post.

When LemonPunch ended and nebulous started I was pretty into vaporwave. I can't listen to a vaporwave song without feeling the need to then dive into my library of it. For some reason this one reminds me of nebulous. I could almost articulate why I connect it with nebulous, but I doubt the feelings would translate.

It was a couple of months before that when I really got into it, so I stuck my vaporwave playlist on my phone right, and then I flew across the Atlantic to see a close friend for a couple of weeks, but I was so homesick when I arrived, and then so lovesick when I had to fly back, that I feel heartbroken when I listen to the genre because I'd drenched it in all that emotion I couldn't escape from when I was listening to it.

This one does it the worst. If I hear this I get upset. Its album is appropriately titled 'A Million Miles Away' and it puts me right back on that flight over the Atlantic, and I can't tell if I'm heading away from home or away from love, but either way I'm not complete, I'm very aware that theres a part of me missing when I hear it. It was my birthday on the return journey, and flying eastward cut my day short by a few hours.

I started writing down the strings of coincidences I was getting, because some of them were interestingly specific. They'd consist of me thinking of something, and then seeing it hours later. For example - I randomly wondered what Ian Lavender looked like years after I'd seen him in Dads Army, and then I went downstairs and my brother was there watching TV, and he turns to me and says "look who it is" and it was Ian Lavender on some show filmed years after Dads Army.

I do wonder if information bleeds through time and space between minds. Especially between family members. Twice I've heard of that happen in other people. I don't remember this story well, but one was about a father who knew their son was imprisoned in a camp during a war, and one day the father had a dream that their son had escaped, and they ended up being reunited, and the father asked the son if he'd escaped on that particular day he had the dream, and it turned out that it was the day that he'd escaped.

Another story was of 2 brothers in WW2 in a trench, and one was killed by a rocket, and as soon as that happened the surviving brother felt that something was wrong. Usually he could feel what his brother felt, but suddenly he couldn't 'tune him in anymore'.

It wouldn't actually surprise me if humans had evolved some primitive capability of telepathy for the sake of empathy, because we're very social creatures. Turtles have some kind of compass in their brain for navigation. Dolphins can sync an improvised dance together without any clear method of communicating how the dance should go, which I guess is useful for hunting fish if they can instantly understand how to work together to chase the fish towards eachother. We've got technologies like radio and wifi which prove a concept of that kind of communication, so there must be some way an electrochemical machine like us evolved to do it that can be explained by science.

I don't feel right posting without sharing a meme, but if there's one thing I regret from those past communities that have come and gone, its that I never really expressed myself that much, I tried to always stay on topic and be normal, and now its years later and people still don't know that there's a little bit of madness I secretly keep hidden away. Like I never let the madness out, I never let myself live a bit, you know?

w1frTYk.jpg