The Last of Us TV Show

Nebulae
i couldn't stand the acting of that woman antagonist for real

god it was awful

i dig her personally, feels like she was deliberately meant to be an "off-key" villain, le frank underwood in chunky woman's body for sweet subversion points

can see how she can be off putting though and it does make you wonder in certain scenes how she commands authority to begin with

Reactions: List

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
i couldn't stand the acting of that woman antagonist for real

god it was awful

i semi agree
it wasn't her acting for me, but moreso how she just didn't feel like a leader capable of accomplishing what that group have accomplished, which i don't think is an intentional effect.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i dig her personally, feels like she was deliberately meant to be an "off-key" villain, le frank underwood in chunky woman's body for sweet subversion points

can see how she can be off putting though and it does make you wonder in certain scenes how she commands authority to begin with

she seems like a bumbling idiot to me

anyone who
puts finding 2 random dudes who clearly just want to leave above stopping a horde of infected/bloater from breaking through the compound is a MORON

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
latest episode was really good, loved how faithful it was to the game. the actors for Henry and Sam were excellent and fit their characters basically perfectly, I'd definitely say this contends with the first episode for the best episode so far in the show

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
They did the kill animation from the game...

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
episode rankings are as follows

Episode 3
Episode 2
Episode 5
Episode 1
Episode 4

in my opinion

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
the newest episode when put in its own like bubble is decent, but when compared to the game, it just feels like really badly rushed. imo it isnt deserving of the 9.3/10 it has on imdb, more like a 7

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the newest episode when put in its own like bubble is decent, but when compared to the game, it just feels like really badly rushed. imo it isnt deserving of the 9.3/10 it has on imdb, more like a 7
I disagree

blowing past those parts relatively quickly made sense as it would've messed with the pacing of the series really badly

nothing of none happens at either place besides what occurs right before the ending of the episode - which is what sets up the rest of the series, nearly

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the styrofoam horse at the end of the episode made me howl with laughter

SPOILER_image.png

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
besides what occurs right before the ending of the episode - which is what sets up the rest of the series, nearly
this part in particular is where my biggest complaint of feeling rushed is. they turn up to the hospital, find out where the fireflies will have likely moved to, get attacked and Joel falls unconscious due to his injury in the same place as the game, all within the span of like 7 minutes and like u said, this part sets up the next few sequences of the story, so I would have liked it if instead of Joel getting injured by some rando with a bat, they could have done the scene which was in the game which was like 10x cooler imo.

while the other parts feeling rushed like Joel and Ellie's falling out and reconciliation is alright with being a bit rushed for the sake of the show meeting time requirements, I feel like a part which is important to the story and quite iconic in the game should be given a bit more time to serve the same impact the game delivered

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
this part in particular is where my biggest complaint of feeling rushed is. they turn up to the hospital, find out where the fireflies will have likely moved to, get attacked and Joel falls unconscious due to his injury in the same place as the game, all within the span of like 7 minutes and like u said, this part sets up the next few sequences of the story, so I would have liked it if instead of Joel getting injured by some rando with a bat, they could have done the scene which was in the game which was like 10x cooler imo.

while the other parts feeling rushed like Joel and Ellie's falling out and reconciliation is alright with being a bit rushed for the sake of the show meeting time requirements, I feel like a part which is important to the story and quite iconic in the game should be given a bit more time to serve the same impact the game delivered

i was watching with a friend and we were laughing at how literally every problem in the episode was resolved in like 3 minutes

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
They had to push it along but I think it was still a great episode.

Gotta remember too that 90% of the Jackson & University parts of the games work for a game and not for a TV show.

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
Part of me wonders if it would have been better to have had the first game split into two seasons

This episode was insanely rushed imo, like three major plotpoints just kind of get skipped through and as a result they don't have much weight. They've also taken the route of having Joel kill 95% less people, which I suppose makes him seem like more like a normal guy but really makes me wonder how they're going to handle the ending

Joel's injury in the game was done so much better. Him being stabbed with the handle of a broken baseball bat comes nowhere near being impaled on a piece of rebar after falling two stories