The Siege of Project Poseidon

Echo27

String
Nebulae
matheus graef — Air Exchange. concept art for an upcoming hl2...

() not my image

They say it began a few years after the war, a huge construction project off the coast of Siberia. Thousands of synthetic works, Hell, even forced labor from a human work force, promises of "Increased rations" proved incentive to prevent the Combine from conscripting people to work on it.

Most doubt they knew exactly /What/ they were working on.

Otherwise it would've never been built.

And that leads us to around a decade of it's operation, few people actually ventured into Siberia, to far from any major city besides the lucky few who could escape City 8 and Japan as a whole.

This machine was what caused the draining of the ocean, or rather, complex might be the better term for it. Of course, when the Combine played god on Earth, there were... Flaws.

Manpower and efficiency.

The machine of course, couldn't just pump millions of gallons into it, it was slow, methodical, which led to sea floors lowering slower then the upper echelons of the Combine would've hoped.

As for manpower... The Combine relied on conscripts taken from the cities, the loyalty of these conscripts were enforced by CPs seeking more fuel to their seemingly un-ending ego, or those who just wanted to be out of the cities... In the end it didn't matter.

The Uprising changed the Project forever...
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EXCERPT FROM CIVIL PROTECTION MASK RECORDING...

Two CPs march down a hallway leading to the exit of the main complex, heading towards the walls of the complex.

The recording CP speaks as they march down the hallway,

UNION-2: "<::UNION-7's been paranoid of the conscripts lately...::>"

DEFENDER-9 "<::He's always been paranoid of them, the guy might as well be a diagnosed schizophrenic. They aren't going to do anything stupid, lest they wanna end up on the chopping block for ending up on the Stalkerized...>:

A roaring boom echoes across the facility as the two walked down the hallway, sending them stumbling to the ground as suddenly a warning bleeped in front of their vision, smoke billowing out of the nearby OTA barracks as they stumbled out of the facility.

WARNING: 23 BIOSIGNAL LOSSES DETECTED

The echo of a emotionless voice echoes through the facility as the two stumble to a stand, the voice of OVERWATCH.

PS/I.OVERWATCH-AI.011: "<::VITAL ALERT. EXPENDABLE INFANTRY MARKED ANTI-CITIZENS. CAUTERIZE, CLAMP, EXTERMINATE.::>"

A group of four figures dressed in green fatigues rounded the corner, raising up their M16's as the two CPs turned to face them.

UNKNOWN CONSCRIPT: "THIS WAY THIS WAY TAKE THEM DOWN!"

By the time UNION-9 and DEFENDER-9 had the chance to raise their guns, the roar of M16 fire cut down them before they even got the chance to fire off a shot.

UNKNOWN CONSCRIPT: "GET TO THE FRONT WALLS- WE'VE GOTTA REINFORCE THE RESERVISTS WILL DEAL WITH THE REMNANTS."

A figure in green fatigues, bearing the Universal Unions sigil approaches the CPs faceplate, two rounds striking it.

FEED LOST.

The Siege of Project Poseidon would soon begin, and the Conscripts would have to hold off the tide of the Universal Unions finest preparing to besiege them.

For the sake of the Earth's beautiful Ocean, they had to hold...
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(This was my first time trying out Half Life writing so sorry if it's a little cheesy in some areas, also this is not canon to Nebulous but more so just a fun little writing I wanted to do. i'll probably continue it at some point.)

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
(This was my first time trying out Half Life writing so sorry if it's a little cheesy in some areas, also this is not canon to Nebulous but more so just a fun little writing I wanted to do. i'll probably continue it at some point.)

And I'd say Bravo good sir, if you ever want to spice it up with actual recordings of voice lines shoot me a forum PM or DM me on the neb discord @Wolfaye and I'll bring some of that CP chatter to life

Reactions: List