this is a true story. [Fargo]

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae

fargo-5dedf24d97f55.png

With the announcement that the Fargo anthology series will be, at least for the time being, concluding with its up-and-coming fifth season, I thought it would just be proper to put up a thread for discussion, analysis, and all that sort regarding both the show and the Coen brothers' film that served as its inspiration.

Incidentally, for anyone that hasn't seen either Fargo yet, they're both a darkly comedic affair that offers a peek into the true stories of crime in Minnesota and the ordinary people that inevitably get entangled in it.

The movie and each season of the show follows a different handful of flawed and generally unremarkable people, in a different place and time, with a different aesthetic and style to each ten-episode arc that sets every season apart not just from each other, but from just about every other film and show on television.

I cannot recommend it enough. Especially if you enjoyed Breaking Bad, it's a Heck of a time.

General discussion of seasons, characters, and themes doesn't need to be spoiler'd, but for anyone that has seen Fargo - either one - be considerate of potential newcomers and make sure to at least put up a spoiler warning if you're discussing anything that'd obviously classify as a spoiler!​

Reactions: List

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I was looking for a Fargo thread and I couldn't find one.

I absolutely am in love with the tag-line.

A lot can happen in the middle of nowhere.

The phrase, "And for what? For a little bit o' money?"

I feel like I may read into it too deep, but, either way, I've always been in love with the series and I've only watched the first two seasons and the movie.

Reactions: List