Serious Three Swedish Police vs One Migrant

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Less about gender, more about the fact that the police genuinely did fuck all while one random guy did a better job at restraining the man.

Police are supposed to be physically fit, one officer, regardless of gender, should be stronger than the average man or woman.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Less about gender, more about the fact that the police genuinely did fuck all while one random guy did a better job at restraining the man.

Police are supposed to be physically fit, one officer, regardless of gender, should be stronger than the average man or woman.

You'd expect that but for some reason a lot of departments don't have PT requirements beyond academy expectations. Once you're out of the academy and hired you can slack off regarding your fitness as much as you want. There's very few departments that enforce a fitness policy, sadly. I know my local PD encourages it and even works with a local fitness company (they offer like supplement shit) to have a competition (entirely voluntary) to see who sheds those pounds and improves themselves. (Like they take into account weight lost, distribution of weight, muscle gain vs fat loss, etc).

In FLETC we had some fairly rigorous PT, and it was put to the test when we had to take part in SERE (and this is some no joke shit. next level up that I can think of is like SEAL training) training. We're also expected to maintain our bodies and not just let ourselves go. The fat-fat ones end up being desk jockeys, at least at my agency.

Reactions: List

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
You'd expect that but for some reason a lot of departments don't have PT requirements beyond academy expectations. Once you're out of the academy and hired you can slack off regarding your fitness as much as you want. There's very few departments that enforce a fitness policy, sadly. I know my local PD encourages it and even works with a local fitness company (they offer like supplement shit) to have a competition (entirely voluntary) to see who sheds those pounds and improves themselves. (Like they take into account weight lost, distribution of weight, muscle gain vs fat loss, etc).

In FLETC we had some fairly rigorous PT, and it was put to the test when we had to take part in SERE (and this is some no joke shit. next level up that I can think of is like SEAL training) training. We're also expected to maintain our bodies and not just let ourselves go. The fat-fat ones end up being desk jockeys, at least at my agency.

Wait, really? You guys had to do SERE too. O.o That shit was pretty brutal and I didn't really think they'd make law enforcement do it. Kudos, broski.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Wait, really? You guys had to do SERE too. O.o That shit was pretty brutal and I didn't really think they'd make law enforcement do it. Kudos, broski.

The life of being a foreign service agent. At least we did it during the summer months and not during the winter. Fuck that, I feel for the dudes who have had to do it during the winter. Had to do my Level A & B training in fucking Alabama and Level C up in Maine. I'm still trying to figure out what was worse. Alabama or Maine, mosquitoes or just endless rain.

For those that don't know what SERE is like, you're basically tortured. Lightly, but it's fucking brutal. You're waterboarded, humiliated, sleep deprived, solitary in very tight conditions, and some fairly light physical abuse. Even shit like mock executions, and that's if you get captured during your Level C training. If anything it's a lite-version of what could be a fucking North Korean prison camp. That being said, while they were trying to break us they were also still looking out for our well being, they didn't do shit that would kill us or pose serious physical harm. A lot of those involved in the "bad guy" act are often psychologists and corpsmen who will intervene if necessary.

Last edited:

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
An average woman will always be biologically disadvantaged in the strength department than that of an average man but that's besides the main point.

The real concern here is where the fuck is their police gear. Man or woman police officers present at that scene, regardless of gender, if that dude was insanely jacked guy or had a knife, he could've easily raked them all.
He got an easy hit on that first officer with the metal object he had. Just replace that with a machete or large sharp object and bam, officer is now severely bleeding.
And the fact they had to run away from him when he picked up rocks. Did they not even have pepper spray? This is just ridiculous.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
An average woman will always be biologically disadvantaged in the strength department than that of an average man but that's besides the main point.

The real concern here is where the fuck is their police gear. Man or woman police officers present at that scene, regardless of gender, if that dude was insanely jacked guy or had a knife, he could've easily raked them all.
He got an easy hit on that first officer with the metal object he had. Just replace that with a machete or large sharp object and bam, officer is now severely bleeding.
And the fact they had to run away from him when he picked up rocks. Did they not even have pepper spray? This is just ridiculous.
Weapons really do ramp up the situations, there's a video out there - couldn't find it, of a guy with a machete who needed a huge squad of UK cops to take down, something like 15~ish? In the US I'm sure it would've went down very differently all things considered.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
Weapons really do ramp up the situations, there's a video out there - couldn't find it, of a guy with a machete who needed a huge squad of UK cops to take down, something like 15~ish? In the US I'm sure it would've went down very differently all things considered.
Ye, one guy saying 'Drop the machete' while he aims his pistol at him.
And if he fails, then he just drops him. Sorry but if you're endangering the lives of others, you can't expect to live especially if you repeatably fail to listen to police orders.
And tasers are only good for certain situations as they have limited range and they are not always effective on people cause either they may have to much clothing or may be strong enough to resist it and continue fighting.
Obviously you would rather taser someone over shooting them if they were not a serious threat but if they were holding a machete, it's best to not risk the life of officers just doing their job.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Ye, one guy saying 'Drop the machete' while he aims his pistol at him.
And if he fails, then he just drops him. Sorry but if you're endangering the lives of others, you can't expect to live especially if you repeatably fail to listen to police orders.
And tasers are only good for certain situations as they have limited range and they are not always effective on people cause either they may have to much clothing or may be strong enough to resist it and continue fighting.
Obviously you would rather taser someone over shooting them if they were not a serious threat but if they were holding a machete, it's best to not risk the life of officers just doing their job.
Yeah, I believe there was more to the case I mentioned but it does show how different our system of law enforcement is to the one in the USA.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
Yeah, I believe there was more to the case I mentioned but it does show how different our system of law enforcement is to the one in the USA.

If this guy had the intent to kill, and wasn't fucked out of his mind, those officers would be in serious trouble cause clearly two tasers do jack shit to him.

But yeah, our law enforcement handle situations differently from yours but I hope we can both agree police officers having no gear, like those Swedish ones, is just ridiculous.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
But yeah, our law enforcement handle situations differently from yours but I hope we can both agree police officers having no gear, like those Swedish ones, is just ridiculous.
Absolutely.

Being border-line defenseless as a cop must make the job 10x stressful and dangerous when dealing with the rougher areas of the country.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Being border-line defenseless as a cop must make the job 10x stressful and dangerous when dealing with the rougher areas of the country.
Oh trust me, it is, I got two people in my family working as cops.
It's just that our police force is
A. Terribly underfunded (which is hopefully improved after the recent attack)
B. Terribly unorganized after the recent "re-organization" which really just ruined things even further
C. Poor training programes

Gotta love when the Swedish tax money goes to festivals and to infrastructure instead of police, army, healthcare and schooling.

Nebulae

If this guy had the intent to kill, and wasn't fucked out of his mind, those officers would be in serious trouble cause clearly two tasers do jack shit to him.

Jesus christ. Litterally how did he not get down, hes so shockingly less buff than other people so how did he take those volts?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Oh trust me, it is, I got two people in my family working as cops.
It's just that our police force is
A. Terribly underfunded (which is hopefully improved after the recent attack)
B. Terribly unorganized after the recent "re-organization" which really just ruined things even further
C. Poor training programes

Gotta love when the Swedish tax money goes to festivals and to infrastructure instead of police, army, healthcare and schooling.
Apparently swedish cops are told to cover up stuff too, I'm sure you've seen the viral facebook post from that one swedish cop who basically listed what his routine for a day was - listing the origin, first name and the crime of the people in said cases

Not sure how viable it was but, it's believable for sure that things are being covered up

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Apparently swedish cops are told to cover up stuff too, I'm sure you've seen the viral facebook post from that one swedish cop who basically listed what his routine for a day was - listing the origin, first name and the crime of the people in said cases

Not sure how viable it was but, it's believable for sure that things are being covered up
Haven't seen that one, but honestly wouldn't surprise me

I'm not gonna lie, after shit like that and the continous uncovering of corrupt statesmen, I'm worrying more and more for how corrupt my country might be and how good they are at covering it up.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
Jesus christ. Litterally how did he not get down, hes so shockingly less buff than other people so how did he take those volts?
Either he was hopped up on drugs, which might be the reason he was so non compliant, or just has a resistance to it. Or the many other reasons demon listed.

This guy is clearly not on any drugs and still tanks a taser.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

He's actually a pretty good sized dude and he had good reaction time (notice as soon as he's hit he starts spinning? This alone can dislodge the barbs). On top of that, if the contacts aren't embedded properly (both probes need to be embedded fully) or you strike the wrong area you won't achieve the same effect. His clothes could have hindered the embedding of the barbed contacts. Or just sheer will, really. But there's also any drug or alcohol use to take into effect. In this case it looks like the officer was too close to deploy the taser's barbs properly, for best effectiveness the distance between the two probes need to be around a foot in distance. Too close or too far and it can be dogshit useless. And at that close range it would have been better to just apply direct contact.

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
The life of being a foreign service agent. At least we did it during the summer months and not during the winter. Fuck that, I feel for the dudes who have had to do it during the winter. Had to do my Level A & B training in fucking Alabama and Level C up in Maine. I'm still trying to figure out what was worse. Alabama or Maine, mosquitoes or just endless rain.

For those that don't know what SERE is like, you're basically tortured. Lightly, but it's fucking brutal. You're waterboarded, humiliated, sleep deprived, solitary in very tight conditions, and some fairly light physical abuse. Even shit like mock executions, and that's if you get captured during your Level C training. If anything it's a lite-version of what could be a fucking North Korean prison camp. That being said, while they were trying to break us they were also still looking out for our well being, they didn't do shit that would kill us or pose serious physical harm. A lot of those involved in the "bad guy" act are often psychologists and corpsmen who will intervene if necessary.

Yep, it's pretty miserable. I'm really surprised/impressed you had to go through it. As someone who met you when I was just getting out I am really happy you're doing well man. Keep kicking ass. :)

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Yep, it's pretty miserable. I'm really surprised/impressed you had to go through it. As someone who met you when I was just getting out I am really happy you're doing well man. Keep kicking ass. :grinning:

Will do brother. It sucked, but I can't say it wasn't worth it. Certainly teaches you a lot.