Veterans of Nebulous, tell us about your experiences.

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I know that many of you are in or used to be in the militaries of your respective countries, and I'm curious, what was your time like in the military?

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
waiting for testing for compulsory military service

CookieDealer

Detailed descriptions? Fuck off.
Nebulae
I remember during my school time when I got back my grades, my mother said she would dump me in the military when I turned 18 and forget about me.
Sweden didn't have an obligation to do military service for a while, they returned it quite recently but I already passed the mandatory testing age.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
i had a master sergeant interrogate me as the final part to my enlistment into the marines when i went to the military entry processing facility in the city
usual did you ever smoke weed etc, any medical history etc
i was so nervous because this dude was the scariest motherfucker i ever met in my life, holding my enlistment on the line in the most literal sense that when he asked me if i ever had pizza i said no
i corrected myself but he didnt let me live it down for the rest of the interrogation, threatening to personally prosecute me in the name of the law
he then gave me shit to sign and was like "GO AHEAD RECRUIT, SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY"
ill never forget it

Husky

Nebulae
I went to a Military Boarding School, met a lot of military people there, spent some time with some regulars doing army shit, pretty fun, what I learned from what life's like in the military, as that's what my school is designed to train people for, is that it's very relaxed and it's more about friendship then anything else. If you want a realistic portrayal of squaddies watch bluestone 42, it's a comedy about a bomb disposal unit in afghanistan written by two people who were in a bomb disposal unit in Afghanistan, and several stories from the show are actually real.

Not sure if foreign armies are different but in the BA Captians are referred to as Boss, not Sir/Ma'am, there's a sense of equalness between ranks when not on duty unless the difference is to significant not to take into account, and there is a respect for CO's above Lt. Bear in mind I've only spent time doing army stuff alongside regulars, I have not been a regular myself.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I GOT TO HANDLE DOGGO IT WAS FUCKIN' GREAT. (this is the only thing i actually enjoyed. i got a doggo out of it.)

ALSO PIC RELATED
2OhsnOh.jpg

BARK BARK DON'T DO IT BARK BARK WOOF WOOF BARK WOOF BARK BARK WOOF BARK
WOOF WOOF I'D RATHER GO THROUGH SERE AGAIN BORK BORK WOOF BORK BOOF BARK
BARK WOOF WOOF BARK WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

Last edited:

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
I was a Master Ranger Sergeant in the United States Delta Marine Coast Force, two tours in Operation Phantom Menance in Afghaniland and Iraqistan

me and my marine ranger buddies were hunting down Osama Hussein in revenge for 7/11

I'd be dead if it wasn't for my PT belt

hqdefault.jpg

pic related, is me

Bandit

Nucleus
Nebulae
I was a Master Ranger Sergeant in the United States Delta Marine Coast Force, two tours in Operation Phantom Menance in Afghaniland and Iraqistan

me and my marine ranger buddies were hunting down Osama Hussein in revenge for 7/11

I'd be dead if it wasn't for my PT belt

hqdefault.jpg

pic related, is me

man we thank you for your service
that osama hussein was a god darn rapscallion for doing that 7/11
personally i fought alongside jesus in the 777th Navy Air Ranger Marine Commando corps with my trusty barret 50 cal with diamond camo that i captured from the war criminal commander of the 687th Chinese Korean armored naval sea guard, Admiral Lung Wang
we kept our post for 130 years before the romans finally conquered us and forced us to retreat
personally i have a k/d ratio of 12345678.0 and i have been awarded the medal of honor 10 times and am the best sniper in the entire world

maxresdefault.jpg

this is me coming back home from my tour of israel

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I'm doing testing (mönstring) next year.
I really do hope I become one of the 50k drafted, would be good experience to have.

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
i had a master sergeant interrogate me as the final part to my enlistment into the marines when i went to the military entry processing facility in the city
usual did you ever smoke weed etc, any medical history etc
i was so nervous because this dude was the scariest motherfucker i ever met in my life, holding my enlistment on the line in the most literal sense that when he asked me if i ever had pizza i said no
i corrected myself but he didnt let me live it down for the rest of the interrogation, threatening to personally prosecute me in the name of the law
he then gave me shit to sign and was like "GO AHEAD RECRUIT, SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY"
ill never forget it

I'm so proud of you. Seriously @DemonElite hit it on the head. I wish I got a dog out of it. That would of been so tight.

Overall if I didn't have a kid to feed and didn't want to settle down to give him a slightly more stable life (as stable as I get anywho) I would likely went back after getting my bachelors.

It had a lot of suck to it but at the end of the day I kinda miss it.