Anime Megathread

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
One Piece

TL;DW plus people pestered me so much about it I'm not even going to give it a shot.

Cowboy bebop

After Durarara!! I will.

Code Geass

Already watched it but it was dubbed to Spanish a whiiiile ago. You can imagine how that one ended.

Hellsing Ultimate

Defo will at some point, just not looking for that kind of anime rn.

51% watched, I like it a lot.

Dragon Ball Z
DBS, DB etc

Going to be honest with you, I've watched a shitload of them and never, ever saw the appeal in them.

Anyways, I said most of the dubs are worse than subs. Ofc there will be exceptions but in the end I've always preferred to watch the original versions rather than the dubs.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
>Watching dubbed anime

Ew guys come on original voices are always (or at least most of the times) the best, english, jap, german or whatever.

Step it up friends, subbed content is bestest.
Monster has a good dub aswell, because of the main villain who has a very cool voice in the dub.

Cookie!

Golly!
Nebulae
have you guys seen the trailer for the Dragonball Super movie coming out? I want more of Jiren and Goku but this new foe looks fuckin good.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
have you guys seen the trailer for the Dragonball Super movie coming out? I want more of Jiren and Goku but this new foe looks fuckin good.

Everytime I see Dragon Ball I remember why I stopped watching it in the first place, but no idea, can you link it? Probably is good.

Cookie!

Golly!
Nebulae
Everytime I see Dragon Ball I remember why I stopped watching it in the first place, but no idea, can you link it? Probably is good.
Not sure whether it is made by the original creators of Dragonball, however here is the link.

I'd personally vouch for watching super. Whether you watch some of the episodes, all of the Saga's or just the final ten or so. If you aren't up for watching all 131 then you can watch the last ten, they are still amazing. Just be aware when doing so that you may be unaware of some of the plot.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Not sure whether it is made by the original creators of Dragonball, however here is the link.

It has to be them, can't be anyone else unless licensed.

It's the main reason there were issues with Evangelion 3.0+1.0 which started production in April 2017.

Luckily we'll have it at some point after all this wait.

Reactions: List

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
I grew up on all of my step dad's really old animes
  • Demon City Shinjuku
  • Ninja Scroll (golden)
  • Afro Samurai
  • Akira
  • Red Hawk
  • Dragonball (original and Z)
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Almost every Ghibli Movie
  • Steamboy
  • Girl Who Leapt Through Time
  • Vampire Hunter D
  • if you haven't seen Berserk you're uncultured swine
And then I moved on to Sword Art Online (season 1 only tho), Naruto through to Shippuden, the new Castlevania which is only four episodes but they're a fantastic four episodes, stuff like that.
I'm not into slice of life shit.
[doublepost=1527087246][/doublepost]

I'd personally vouch for watching super. Whether you watch some of the episodes, all of the Saga's or just the final ten or so. If you aren't up for watching all 131 then you can watch the last ten, they are still amazing. Just be aware when doing so that you may be unaware of some of the plot.

You're probably better off waiting for Super Kai tbh, a lot of Super was filler, even in the tournament arc.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
if you haven't seen Berserk you're uncultured swine

Read it, better.

Plus the anime's animations are E W .

season 1 only tho

Try second, imo it's more enjoyable than 1st. Also has less plotholes. Movie is nice but a tad bit simplish imo.

I'm not into slice of life shit.

Some are good, some are bad. If I've learnt something from watching anime that is at least watch 3 to 5 episodes of whatever they recommend you, sometimes you'll get a good surprise and if not you can just drop it.

You're probably better off waiting for Super Kai tbh, a lot of Super was filler, even in the tournament arc.

Happens to all the long series, they catch up with the manga and in the end they have to add a lot of filler episodes, usually it's 3 filler episodes and 1 story episode per month.

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
Plus the anime's animations are E W .
I watched the Golden Age movies and then just read after that. Still waiting on 358.
ry second, imo it's more enjoyable than 1st. Also has less plotholes. Movie is nice but a tad bit simplish imo.
I watched everything up to Phantom Bullet, wasn't too keen on the Alfheim stuff.
Happens to all the long series, they catch up with the manga and in the end they have to add a lot of filler episodes, usually it's 3 filler episodes and 1 story episode per month.
When I say filler I really just mean how dragged out everything is. Goku will scrap 10 guys and spend the next three episodes healing and saving up some more stamina, and that just repeats itself over and over again. And before he fights them, he spends three minutes (which is 15% of a 20 minute episode) talking or staring them down. And then during the fight, we get another two-three minutes of blatant observations from the stands by all of the side characters explaining shit that doesn't need to be explained. I was happy with the action, but disappointed with everything else in Super.

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Me @STUCK IN A CAKE and someone else who is too shy to be named are going to do a watch together of girls last tour sometime next week, if anyone else is up for it hmu on discord or steam :>

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
the new anime is the one with the animation problems

Thank you for this very valuable information I didn't know, and I'm totally not being sarcastic here.

hinamatsuri is mad funny and is releasing new episodes every friday

I need to watch this it looks funny as hell.

Also My Anime List is STILL fucked up and I can't keep track of what I watch FUCK.

Cookie!

Golly!
Nebulae
Thank you for this very valuable information I didn't know, and I'm totally not being sarcastic here.

I need to watch this it looks funny as hell.

Also My Anime List is STILL fucked up and I can't keep track of what I watch FUCK.
anime list rn;
watch jojo
watch dragonball (without fucking fillers)
maybe some aot

thats it really recommend me some anime u goons