what type of server ya'll want (unofficial obv)

what type of server

• Total voters

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
(@Hoovie the Apansenok could turn his High School setting into reality)

rebels be like
2LRhu93eCRs.jpg

and also honestly i just want lewis' take on hl2 to replace the current hl2rp. nothing besides that.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
when you're basing a schema off a game, the game has to be open world and a lot more broader in terms of freedom. sure bioshock and metro are cool settings, but they're linear and won't give players a goal nor leave room for events.

fallout, elder scrolls and stalker are good because they're massive franchise with massive room for freedom and creativity, they're so big that they've become a sub-genre for settings, like Cyberpunk. You wouldn't play an RP based off zelda or call of duty because they're rather small, and linear games

only reason why hl2rp became popular is because gmod is directly inspired from half life itself and (correct me if I'm wrong) was the first of it's kind.

Reactions: List

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
when you're basing a schema off a game, the game has to be open world and a lot more broader in terms of freedom. sure bioshock and metro are cool settings, but they're linear and won't give players a goal nor leave room for events.

fallout, elder scrolls and stalker are good because they're massive franchise with massive room for freedom and creativity, they're so big that they've become a sub-genre for settings, like Cyberpunk. You wouldn't play an RP based off zelda or call of duty because they're rather small, and linear games

only reason why hl2rp became popular is because gmod is directly inspired from half life itself and (correct me if I'm wrong) was the first of it's kind.
I mean if you really think about it hl2rp has no real goal. The goal is what you make it- I suppose that is the same with all RP servers.
If you think about it WW3RP had a goal; “Win the war” I think hl2rp is more fun because of the lack of goal

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
I mean if you really think about it hl2rp has no real goal. The goal is what you make it- I suppose that is the same with all RP servers.
If you think about it WW3RP had a goal; “Win the war” I think hl2rp is more fun because of the lack of goal

HL2RP does have a goal
Goals aren't some big things like "Defeat the elder gods" "Collect the pieces of the ancient artifact"
HL2RP's goals are as follows:
Reach 75/RL
Get a trench coat and classify as "rebel"
Get Plat loyalty tier
Many who reach these goals admit that the only reason why they stay in HL2RP now is because they've made friends in the community

And yes, WW3RP didn't have a goal, and in it's strongest iteration it didn't have a lot of RP; WW3RP to many (the people keeping it alive in first iteration) was just for s2k, but if you want, you can classify progressing the ranks as a goal
When RP was pushed, it died. WW3RP doesn't work as a genre for RP. Gonna clear that up by saying majority of the players played for S2K and when S2K was no longer a focus, they stopped playing.

A goal can be as simple as reaching certain ranks, but it has to be more than "just survive"

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
A goal can be as simple as reaching certain ranks, but it has to be more than "just survive"
In Bioshock, that would for example be
Survive the competition
Get plasmids
Create a monopoly
Dominate the market and therefore rapture
Band together to take down whoever dominates rapture

A Bioshock RP isn’t empty from goals, and I can think of many things you could do for events too. Similar to HL2, just be creative.